Lunch is an important part of the school day and that is why we ensure pupils are provided with a healthy, delicious and nutritious lunch.
All of our lunches are cooked onsite by our Chef, who uses a range of local suppliers for our meat and our fruit and vegetables.
We believe that lunchtime is about much more than simply eating; children all sit and eat together and are encouraged to enjoy the time together as an important part of their school day.
Our kitchen has a 5-star food hygiene rating and our lunch menu offers a diverse range of dishes for pupils to enjoy.
View our sample menu for the upcoming term:
- Stratford Prep is a nut free school, and all pupils are allowed to bring a healthy snack for break time.
- Lunch service begins with Reception who eat their lunch with their teachers in a family-type setting. Tables are laid in advance of their arrival and fresh fruit is served as well as a homemade pudding.
- Years 1 and 2 also eat together and the rest of School (Years 3-6), then have their lunch.
- Our catering staff provide a variety of options which are always available, including vegetarian options.
- Children are encouraged to try a range of foods and not to be wasteful. Seconds are always available as well as fresh bread and butter.